Red ChurchMinsk Region
Для формирования личного маршрута Вам необходимо авторизоваться!
Как это работает? Совсем бесплатно!
- Выбранные места будут сохраняться в закладках.
- Система поможет рассчитать стоимость поездкии сформирует оптимальный маршрут.
- Ваше путешествие готово!
Church of Saints Simon and Helen also known as the Red Church (Belarusian: Чырвоны касцёл) is a Roman Catholic church on Independence Square in Minsk, Belarus. This neo-Romanesque church was designed by polish architects Tomasz Pajzderski and Władysław Marconi, and built during 1905-1910. The bricks for its walls were sourced from Częstochowa, whilst the roof tiles came from Włocławek. Its construction was financed by Edward Woyniłłowicz, a prominent Belarusian civic activist. The church was named and consecrated in memory of Woyniłłowicz's deceased children, Szymon and Helena. In 1941, the German occupation administration returned to building to its original use as a church, but after the war it was again used as a cinema, called the "Soviet Belarus." In 1990, the building was returned to the Catholic Church. Since then it was renovated, and became an important centre of religious, cultural and social life. It also became a centre for the revived Belarusian Greek Catholic Church.
- Sovetskaya ul., Minsk